• We would like to remind everyone about early schedule pick up scheduled for tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM. Our students can stop in anytime during these hours to pick up their school schedule, locker assignment, etc. School and Pod supply lists will also be available. Our school supply store "Supplies R Us" should be open for student use. Schedules will be distributed in the Multi-Purpose Room. Thanks to our PTO for helping with this event!
• Information and instructions for opening student lockers will be including along with the schedule information. It may take students several tries before they are proficient at getting the locker combination to work. Please read all instructions and information carefully and be patient! Please do not come to the office during schedule pick up to request a change of lockers. If any lockers need to be changed, we will do so during the first few days of school. Thanks for your help with this.
• During schedule pick up, we normally get quite a few questions about the "specials" rotations. Our morning specials (period 1, 2, or 3) are set up on a six day rotation (A day, B day, C day, D day, E day, and F day). On the first day of school, the teachers will explain the rotation to the students. This will tell them which morning special to go to (Fitness, Band, Tech, or Study Hall. The students will pick it up very quickly! Our afternoon specials are set up with five different rotations, lasting 7 week each. The five areas are: Health, Art, Computer, Library, and General Music. The rotations are numbered 1,2,3,4 and 5, with students starting out in the area that is listed as rotation 1 on their schedule.
• Homerooms are listed on each student schedule. If students are having a difficult time figuring out where to go, they should just report to the listed Homeroom on the first day of school. Our teachers will guide them from there!
• For information about a variety of other school related topics, please visit our building web site!
• Important information for students participating in After School Strings Classes at SI: Advanced strings class will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30-3:20 in the music room. Beginning strings class will meet on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 2:30-3:20 in the music room. Classes will begin meeting the first week of school starting on Wednesday August 25th with our advanced students (please bring your instrument and last year's music) and on Thursday August 26th with our beginning students. Beginning students only need to show up for a general orientation to strings, but may bring their instrument if they have already rented them. We will not meet on Friday August 27th to allow parents time to secure supplies. We will run our normal schedule then starting Monday August 30th. If you have any questions about this class, please email the director Sarah Benedict at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the front office.
The Springboro Voice
Springboro, Ohio 45066
Operated by TheVoiceofMiamiValley.com
Serving CarlisleDaily.com, TheFranklinVoice.com, and TheSpringboroVoice.com